Saturday, February 1, 2014

Man, Time Gets away don't it?

I'm Baaaack!

I knew it had been a while, but I really didn't realize how long I'd left this place unattended until just now!
It's a wonder Squatters haven't over-run the place.
Just a quick catch up session:

I changed jobs so I'm home every day now! I got me a fancy state-job with regular hours. Probably the first one I ever had honestly.

I got rid of six of the gang of 8 (Keep reading and you'll know why it went from 9 to 8). So we just have Brownie and Sugar left. Not sure if I told you about Sugar. She was bottle raised by a buddy who passed away not long after she was weened and she doesn't know she's a goat. So don't mention it around her.

Sugar

Ash is gone. I got a new pup, Aoife (E-Fa) and he thought it would be cool to show her how to run goats... He was wrong.
But Aoife sure got the lesson when she watched me re-home him! That was almost a year ago and she still won't go in the goat pen.

R.I.P Ash. 
Welcome Aoife.


I have Turkeys! I bought four poults at the chicken sale last fall and three of them made it. But it looks like I have two toms, so somebody's going to freezer camp soon!



And I'm about to start a cabin. Hopefully next week I'll be ordering a 12x20 shell from a local Mennonite builder and spending the Spring and Summer finishing it out. I plan to chronicle that here, hopefully with some short videos too, so check back!

But the big Winter project was the pig.
I bought Francis about mid-August and about 50lbs.



He spent the fall eating acorns, corn, and anything else he could find, including one of the neighbors shrubs. Until he pretty much looked like this every evening at feeding time.



So, last weekend we moved him to a lovely new 5.5 cu.ft. air conditioned apartment in the garage.

I've had a few other projects along the way I'll get around to posting too. But for now the biggie is the story Francis' undoing. Which I'll post next.

No comments:

Post a Comment